Monthly Archives: August 2011

Even more on Fukushima

I have been taken to task for my previous report on Fukushima being unbalanced, and in particular I was urged to “moderate the rhetoric and support your arguments or people will think you are just scare-mongering”. Here is support from Japan’s own regulatory body that “Based on the quantity of heat, it is equivalent to 29.6 Hiroshima-type atomic bombs, and, based on the amount of uranium, it is equivalent to 20 bombs. What is more frightening is that, based on our current knowledge, the residual amount of radioactivity of the Hiroshima bomb decreased to 1/1000 one year later,  but at Fukushima the residual activity will decrease to only one-tenth one year later.”

I have collected a lot of information here, enough to give you an understanding of this situation!

Primary action: agitate to close all nuclear plants and replace them with geothermal power sources. Agitate to have the truth revealed and to test food from contaminated sources like Japan, northern fisheries and California.

Please, somebody, tell me I don’t have to be worried.

As far as I am aware since the middle of April no evidence has been available on the web for the movement of radioactive material around the globe. Up to then it was concentrated in the northern hemisphere, and looks like a permanent cloud of censium, iodine and so on.

The following quotation comes from NAS report: “the prevailing scientific view is that there’s no threshold below which radiation exposure is safe—in other words, that all radiation, including the ever-present background radiation, is a potential health risk—and that the risk decreases linearly, so that even decreasing a radiation dose by 99 percent still leaves 1 percent of the risk. According to this “linear, no-threshold” model of radiation risk, a given amount of human radiation exposure will produce the same number of cancers, no matter how many people it is distributed among.

In 2006, the National Academy of Sciences concluded, in the final paragraph of its 323-page report (1) on the biological effect of ionizing radiation, that current scientific evidence “is consistent with the hypothesis that there is a linear, no-threshold dose-response relationship between exposure to ionizing radiation and the development of cancer in humans.” (2)

Dr Tatsuhiko Kodama speaking to the Japanese Parliament a few weeks ago.

And his actual speech with translation

Foundations cracking and radioactive core is moving underground (a new one in video)

IUS report on continued avoidance of the problem for the world of continuing emissions

Impact on children, along with a government proposal to avoid action by raising the permissible level of exposure to avoid dealing with the problem!

And a powerful on-site report. Its long but should be seen by all who are concerned

Continuing discharge at extremely high levels

Readings from rain deposits in Canada,
Though current testing is playing this down

And the movement of radioactive plumes  around the globe during the first three weeks, and still continuing

Up to 9 April this European study with actual radiation levels globally
And during the month of May halfway down the page

(1) <;page=1>

More on Fukushima

Fukushima is emitting vast quantities of radio active material, both into the air and into the water, AND that this plant will continue to do so for the next 30 years. It seems there is no way to stop this.

In addition, every earthquake since March has destabilised the foundations of the plants, opening large cracks through which the molten core is settling deeper into the earth and affecting both the water tables and the oceans.

The radio active material will affect  all imports from Japan and much of the fish we eat if trawled in the northern waters. After a while it will drift down to Australia as the radioactive material is carried around the world by air and sea currents.

There is no escape from some level of poisoning for any of us, though I am told that regular doses of Sea Kelp can help minimise the impact of radiation on the body.

Who now needs global warming?

For basic data

Last month, for example, hot celsium was found nearly doubled over a five-day period.

IAEA updates

For current reports you can check into

And in particular